Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm back again (finally)

Sorry for my disappearing act recently. I was actually stuck without electricity for two weeks. Wasn't all that bad, except for the withdrawal symptoms I got because I wasn't on the Internet.

Anyway, I'm really glad to be back. How have you been doing?

As for me: here are the main events:

1) I didn't get the job at the bookstore.

2) I left the church choir after the Christmas Choir Service because I was tired of the three hags that I complained about before.

3) I'm currently being begged to return to the choir next year. I'll think about it in January when I'm not quite as angry as I am now.

4) I'm joining a secular choir in my university town. Next year we will perform with some big names in the local music world.

5) I finally got the libretto that I'm supposed to rewrite. Can't wait to really get stuck in.

6) This Christmas I want to make all of my Christmas gifts. So... I'm going to take up beading for a while. It should be fun to do something else creative. I have no idea what to do for the men in my family though, so I am open to any suggestions that you might have.

7) I am still praying for God to send my the perfect job. He knows better than me what I need.

So... what are your news highlights from the past few weeks?

Any suggestions as to what I can make for the men in my family?

5 comments:

Laura S. said...

Make the men in your family food and sweets!

Good luck with your writing and finding your perfect job. :)

Li said...

The 3 Hags Of Christmas- there's a great story there :-)
Agree with Laura - food is generally a welcome gift for anyone!

Claudia Moser said...

Glad you're back! :)

Connie Keller said...

So sorry about the job. :( Hopefully, the Lord will bring the right one along soon.

I'm not very good with gifts. I usually buy books or games (Bang, Settlers of Catan, Killer Bunnies, etc.).

Anonymous said...

Beading sounds very relaxing. Go for it. And I do hope that you get that perfect job!

Have a wonderful holiday season.
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs