Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What I did on Sunday


Sorry about missing yesterday's post. It was just one of those days where time ran away from me. I actually had something to blog about, so I'm posting today to make up for skipping. 

Sunday was my brother's birthday, so when he asked that I please go try rowing, I decided to do it. After all, I was the one complaining that I was getting myself stuck in a rut. And you know what? It was amazing.
  
My back isn't nearly strong enough, but I think if one thing could get my back into shape, rowing would be it. Also, I spent a good portion of the morning learning technique (and yes, it's incredibly technical)in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I'll definitely take pictures this Sunday.
  
When we came back, my day of experiencing new things continued. We all went to the aquarium. I loved spending time seeing the strange and beautiful creatures that are under the waves. And you know, even though there were a lot of people and excited/noisy children, it was such a calming experience.

These crabs are massive. This one stood almost three feet high. 
Penguin feeding.
She really liked me. Came by for close-ups about ten times. 

My mom took this pic, but it was so pretty I had to share.
Fish are friends. NOT food.  (Just had to work in a Nemo reference)
Anyone else do something interesting this weekend?


5 comments:

Mike Keyton said...

Painted a room yellow. Not a fish in sight. They tend to avoid hard work

Emily Rose said...

Hey! I found you via the A-Z Challenge (signups). Great photos! That crab *is* huge:O

Joanne said...

Sounds like you had quite the adventure! So cool! I love the aquarium pictures. the last one is scary! Darn that movie "Jaws"...It still affects me after all these years!
Blessings, Joanne

Claudia Moser said...

What lovely pictures,

wheatgerm said...

I like the crab