Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back to basics

Funny how it happens. At one stage, I was running through my hours at 160 miles an hour.

Now I've slowed down, and I'm still struggling to get everything down.

I'm guessing that it's just me catching my breath for the first time in a long while. So I'm not going to feel bad about it. All that I'm going to do is pick up some reading again. Maybe watch some t.v. Spend time with the family. And with God.

Basically, rebuild my daily routine from the ground up in order to fit more in.

Because I couldn't go on like I was. It was just too much of one thing and too little of the others.

Now my body and mind made the decision for me.

So I'm going to relax for a few days. And then I'm taking charge of my life again.

Who's with me?

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh ME ME ME!!!!!!!!
Blessings, Joanne

Steph Schmidt said...

I use to think I wasn't doing enough because it seemed all I did was commute and sleep, but then I started to keep track of what I was doing the rest of the time (besides work) and thought, it's okay to be tired. Some rest sounds good!

Unknown said...

Yes you have been running around like a crazy bunny lately. I remember asking myself during one of your post howyou were doing it all. Book, dancing, singing, languages and the list continues. Breath, relax, you deserve.

Mike Keyton said...

You know something's wrong when you feel guilty reading a book.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I'm one hundred percent behind your decisions.

cleemckenzie said...

Man, do I hear this. Great to step off the treadmill and look around you for a different perspective. Here's to smelling those roses, Misha!

Geoff Maritz said...

100% with you on that. Time out to re-group, wake up at a reasonable time, do what's possible at a leisurely pace, pray a while laugh a little and heal.
Blessings from Geoff.