Saturday, April 7, 2012

A to Z Challenge: God

Hi all! Before I start with today's post, I would like to point out that, if you looked at today's heading and thought it would be dealing with faith, you're completely correct.

I would also like to state that while I love God, build my life around what He wants, and thinks it's a great idea that everyone else does as well, I have a deep respect for all people regardless of their beliefs. (Or disbelief, for that matter.)

Because of that, I ask that you please respect me and my faith in return. I don't mind answering questions about my faith as long as it is done in a respectful way. Personal attacks and insults will be deleted.

Photo by Irina Patrascu


Today's post was a little difficult for me to write, because I'm worried that a lot of people (people that I adore), will be insulted by it or think differently about me.

But the fact is, I can't pray to God on the one hand and then try to hide Him with the other. So here goes.

The reason why I am bringing up God as a topic in the A to Z's of taking charge of my life is because He is so vitally important to the process.

He is my compass.

He is my advisor.

He is my (sometimes sole) companion.

He is my source of strength.

Nothing that I do in the process of taking charge of my life works if I'm trying to do it without Him. With Him, on the other hand, things are so much easier.

See... God has a plan. Not just for me. But for everyone. I just have a role to play in it. And He really wants me to. I believe that that's why we get our dreams and our drives to achieve them. God gave them to us for a reason.

Still, there's a difference between us and God when it comes to our lives. We see what's in front of us. God sees the big picture. That's why it's so vital to go to God for the smallest things, because in the long run, everything means something in the road that is your life. He knows where we're supposed to go. And He's waiting for us to navigate us on our way. Because many blessings await us on the right way.

Many of us try to grab the steering wheel of our lives, because lets face it, feeling even a little out of control is really scary. But the risks are huge. One wrong turn and we can do incredible damage to ourselves.

It's just not worth it. Trust me. I know.

So if you are serious about taking charge of your life, take it to God first. After all. Your life belongs to Him first.

Do you take everything to God? Sometimes I struggle with it, because my problems sometimes feel so insignificant... Any stories on how He helped and/blessed you in your every day life?

30 comments:

Mike Keyton said...

You are courageous, Misha. I am private, which is probably not a good thing.

Editor and Publisher Shelly Burke said...

So very, very well said! God IS in charge and He CAN see the bigger plan, the plan that we cannot. We might see how we fit in later, or might not ever know...surrendering to Him and His will and leading can be scary...but also very joyful as you find how you grow and learn when you trust Him. God blesses me every single day of my life! He has answered prayers, big and small, and given me and my family countless blessings! Sure, there are trials, and plenty of them, but I have the joy of knowing that He knows about them and that I/we are going thru them for a reason.

Glad I found you in the A to Z Challenge!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

First let me say I respect your faith wich is commendable.
When I lost my mother then 3 days later told my husband had terminal cancer and he too left me 2 months later I did wonder if there was a God. However I think many people think that way and in time got my life into perspective, I began to write poetry, a subject I hated at school and have had 2 books published, I have travelled many places, but would forsake all that just to have my husband by my side, but perhaps God wanted him more than I do. My three children are all scattered about the place so only see my daughter. I do visit my youngest son in Spain now and then which is wonderful. My eldest son for reasons I don't know has disowned me which means I don't see my grandchildren. I have prayed for a solution but as yet none has come but for every negative problem is a positive outcome . So will wait.

Have a wonderful Easter.
Yvonne.

Kristine Asselin said...

Happy Easter, Misha. Thanks for visiting me through A-Z. Lovely post.

Anita said...

Thanks for an interesting post. To be honest, I'm not sure if I believe in God. When I was about 17 years old, I had this weird feeling that He was just there, patiently waiting for me to notice Him. However, I was a bit freaked out & ignored it until it went away.
Occasionally I wonder if I'd like to investigate further...

Falen said...

I absolutely applaud you for your boldness!! Learning to lean on God with a moment by moment dependence was hard at first. I used to think - how will I be able to do that? Now I think - I can't afford not to. Great post!!

Sylvia said...

I honor your beliefs. Such strength in your words. My beliefs are different from yours, but we both found our way through surrender. So all is good :)

that guy said...

cheers to courage and faith. like many others have said before me, i applaud your boldness.

believe in something or do nothing...

good luck in the challenge!

Kathy said...

You're so right when you say we should take 'everything' to God. It's those things He'll understand the most.
I checked out the rest of your A to Z Challenge and very much like what I see. Great job.
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

Joanne said...

I am growing in my faith and God is in every part of my life. I thank him for the little and big things and recently I thanked him during a very trying time and you know what??? I felt better. God is in charge.
Blessings, Joanne

Unknown said...

this is wonderful! a great read for a sunday morning! :D

Diane N - Philzendia said...

Having a belief and being able to voice your belief is a good thing. Happy Easter!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

What an appropriate post for Easter weekend. Beautifully written, Misha. :)

Geoff Maritz said...

Hello Misha.
You already know how I feel and about the blessings God has poured out on me. I'm being so inspired by your choice in topics for the A to Z challenge, I think about the things you've written throughout the day, amazing. Thanks, Geoff.

Amanda Trought said...

Misha, He is our foundation in whom we put our trust we have to put him first and to acknowledge what he has done and continues to do in our lives. Stay blessed, Amanda


Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog

Misha Gerrick said...

Nah, generally speaking, I'm not the person who exclaims that I'm a Christian in every day conversation, since I believe that people should be able to see it in the way I live.

Still, this post felt like something I had to write, so I went for it. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Thanks so much, both for the lovely comment and for stopping by. It's always nice to meet other brothers and sisters in Christ. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Wow, this just blows my mind. I'd say try it. It's not as if you have anything to lose, but I believe you have everything to gain. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Yeah it gets to a point where it's natural. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

I thank you for respecting my beliefs and honor yours in return. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting today. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Thanks! ^_^

I agree with you that action takes belief. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Misha Gerrick said...

I'm glad you enjoyed all of my posts!

Misha Gerrick said...

Growth is so important. I hope that I never stop growing in faith. And well done on thanking God even in tough times. It's a sign of great strength. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Hehehehe the wonderful thing is I hardly thought about the dates as I wrote this post. Couldn't have turned out better. :-D

Misha Gerrick said...

I agree with you there. Everyone should feel free to give voice to their beliefs.

Misha Gerrick said...

Thanks! I'm glad you liked the post. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Wow Geoff. I'm honored to know that my writings have inspired you in some way.

Misha Gerrick said...

I agree with you 100%. Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn M. Hamsher said...

Misha,
I am proud of you for sharing your faith. It takes guts. In the past several year, I have been incredibly blessed to be surrounded by supportive Christians, but it wasn't always that way. I had one of my best friends disown me and say some of the meanest things I've ever heard when he found out I was a Christian. He blames the world's problems on Christians. Now, I guess, I'm a part of the problem.

Anyway, you never know, you may plant the seed that God will water and bring someone to salvation.

I liked this -- "So if you are serious about taking charge of your life, take it to God first. After all. Your life belongs to Him first." Just gotta say Amen to that! :0)

The Write Soil
1st Writes

Lauren said...

I know what you mean by being nervous about letting people know that you are a Christian.

But Jesus said

"Blessed are you when they shall revile you and persecute you and say all manner of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in Heaven!" (Matthew 5:11)

Sometimes it's hard, but we shouldn't be ashamed of Christ, the one who died for us.

Thank you for having the courage to share this post. May God bless you for it, and may you continue to grow strong in your faith.