Monday, August 13, 2012

Why I took all google images off of my blogs

Hi all! I guess I could have written a huge long post about it, but I've found two posts that did really well to convince me as to the dangers of using copyrighted photos.

So... I'll link you to the first one instead. Please please please don't let ignorance come back and bite you. And please please share with your blogging friends.

If you haven't read Roni's story, please do so now.

Thanks!

Have you heard about this before? Are you taking down copyrighted images?

P.S. Thank you, Madeleine, for bringing it to my attention.


4 comments:

Susan Kane said...

This is a timely warning. I have been more cautious, signing up for a site, etc., but even so...Excellent post to heed.

J.L. Campbell said...

Oy! Yes, I've come across Roni's post along with a couple of others. This is going to be a major task and did I mention daunting? I want to curl up in a ball and moan, just thinking about it.

Eric W. Trant said...

Wow. Now I want to remove all my pics.

- Eric

Ron said...

Thanks for checking my blog and following it. I'm intrigued by this post but can't find the link you mentioned. There are a lot of bloggers who are using my images (in spite of the copywrite), and I'm wondering what this has to say. Appreciate the Christian emphasis of your blog as well.