Saturday, March 30, 2013

Goal Check

Hey all! Ended up to take a few days more, but I decided to quickly do a goal-check, since we're almost at the end of the first quarter.


Writing: 

Continue querying Doorways
Done and Doorways now is contracted to a publisher. 

Finish the draft to Guardian
I'm about halfway here, but I'm going to have to postpone most of my drafts until after I finished editing Doorways. 

Rewrite: 

Don't Look Back

(Working Title) Otto

(Working Title) Guardian

Maybe finish the draft sequel to DoorwaysUnlocking

Reading: 

Just to read more. I'm going to go easy on myself and aim for 25 books for the whole year. Any genre or classification. Crits not included because I consistently fail to keep count of them. 
So far, I'm at 11. 

Life: 

Keep working on my voice. 
Doing so. 

Get back to guitar lessons. 
Not looking likely at the moment. 

REALLY to take French and Italian, since it will be useful to my day job. 
Started picking up French again, but I'll need to focus. 

Exercise regularly. This includes activities like gymming, fencing, dancing, yoga or any combination of such activities. 
Flus and stomach flus ruined that for me, but I'm hoping to fence and walk more often starting next week. 

Eat and cook healthier food. 
Not cooking as much as I'd like to, but definitely making more healthy choices. 

Make a point to meet more people with whom I have things in common. Sort of feeling tired of having my real life conversations ending in blank stares. 
Still need to get out more. 

I also want to paint more. Maybe even finish an exhibition's worth of art?
Yeah... have two canvases waiting for me to start on, but I haven't been able to stand for a while and now I have another priority...

How are you doing with your goals? 

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm trying to get up and go, but I'm afraid I have not been so successful. Reading your post has given me renewed energy! Congrats and thanks!
Blessings, Joanne

Annalisa Crawford said...

You must still be on such a high from the Doorways acceptance! Doesn't it look good at the top of your list??? :-)

DL Hammons said...

Your one busy lady!!! :)

Mike Keyton said...

Congratulations, Misha.