Monday, March 4, 2013

Photography Course

I've been feeling the need to learn new things, lately. So, since I've recently paid a considerable amount for my awesome new camera, I decided that the first thing to learn would be to learn the technique behind photography.

If I say so myself, I have a good eye for composition, but I had no idea about exposure, ISOs, the meaning of aperture and shutter speed etc.

As luck would have it, I barely voiced my desire for a photography course before my grandmother told me there was one advertised in the local paper.

It was basically a day-long crash course, but I learnt so much that I'll have to go through the notes again to refresh my memory. Then I'm going to familiarize myself with the settings so I can play around with them.

Lots of failed photos will follow, I'm sure, but hey, I'm going to learn a lot.

Which is a good thing. Because I'm heading overseas again on business in May. This time to France and Rotterdam and since we'll be driving between the cities, there will be plenty of chances for awesome pics. This also means I'll probably be posting more photos as the time comes, but I'll try to keep them rare so they're appreciated. ;-)

On that note, I leave you with the sunset view from my home. I took this the night I returned from Berlin.



If you look at the mountains, the right end of the series is Table Mountain.

So what do you think of the picture idea? Sound good to you?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Misha, I love to learn new things as well. I think it's just so good for our souls and minds to stay nourished. I love photography and have often fooled around with the idea of investing in a better camera. Like you, I'd need a course. I'm looking forward to the pictures you'll share.

Last year I bought a mandolin. No, I don't know how to play, but I bought a few books (Mandolin for the Ignoramus, being the most apt title) and am teaching myself how to play. I don't pick it up near as much as I should, which is a shame. When I do, I find the challenge so stimulating. It nurtures my creative side.

Have fun!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Wow, those photos are stunning! I love sunsets.

Angela Ackerman said...

Really nice job. You should swing by Seeing Creative some time--Stina Lindedblatt is a writer/photographer as well :)

Also, I've been trying to get a hold of you (I am thinking from reading this that we have a timezone difference to work with) as you've won a copy of The Plot Whisperer's Prompt book from the drawing at The Bookshelf Muse. If you could fire we an email at alackerm at telus dot net I can arrange the best way to send it. :)

Best!

Angela

randi lee said...

Good on you! I'm a huge fan of learning new things and actually try to learn something new whenever I have the opportunity to. Those pictures are absolutely lovely, by the way!!!