Friday, March 1, 2013

The Bloghop of Joy



Today I'm taking part in two blogfests. The first is this, the Bloghop of Joy. One my other blog, I'm taking part in the Back From the Future blogfest.


But back to the Bloghop of Joy. This blogfest is intended to be a celebration of joy and what makes us joyful. Since I'm all for counting blessings, I'll list the top ten things (in no particular order) that give me joy. 

1) Creation. I just feel incredibly happy whenever I create. Usually it takes the form of writing, but on occasion I paint and explore other creative pursuits (like knitting) as well. 

2) Helping others. This sounds REALLY sappy. I know. But the fact is, I love helping people understand things. From critting a novel, to helping with queries, to helping someone new to the faith understand God a little better. In fact, I probably love doing the latter above all. 

3) A moment of kindness from others. Not necessarily towards me. 

4) Laughing children

5) A moment of surprising beauty. Especially captured on my camera. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes, it's not the planned shot that come out most beautiful. I adore those surprising photos that just come out of nowhere. Also, sometimes, something just changes in the light, or something else tiny changes that makes something you see astoundingly beautiful. Those moments always make me smile.

6) Having a good time with my family.

7) A dog's unconditional love

8) Walking into a church and feeling God's presence

9) Learning something new

10) Music. I love when a beautiful voice starts singing out of nowhere, but most of all, I love singing. 

What gives you joy? 

11 comments:

L.G. Keltner said...

I also love creating things, and music is a great inspiration for my creativity! The laughter of children is also great, and I get plenty of that!

Annalisa Crawford said...

A moment of surprising beauty... yes, I completely agree with that one, especially if it makes me gasp a little :-)

jaybird said...

Mischa- this is a beautiful list. Last week, in church, I sat next to one of our worship team's singers. I barely opened my off-key mouth. I just listened to her sing, in awe. One of my fav part of service, is the singing and music.

Unknown said...

I'd have to second all those moments of joy. You picked great ones that resonate with me as well.

Unknown said...

A beautiful list, Misha! I'm ashamed I've forgotten to put church on my list and surprised for missing the music.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful list! 1, 2 and 8 are huge for me too. And I love painting! I'll be following your blog from now on :)

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by from the Blog Hop of Joy. Enjoyed reading your list. :3

Connie Keller said...

Loved your list! Re. singing--one of the most wonderful things I ever did was participate in singing parts of the Messiah with other choirs in a singfest. When we did the Hallelujah Chorus, I felt like I could see into heaven.

Kyra Lennon said...

Excellent list! :D I love how many have said that laughing children make them happy, it's on my list too!

Thanks for joining in with the bloghop!

Michelle Wallace said...

A great list! Singing also brings me great joy!

Clare said...

Thanks for taking part in the bloghop; great list.

Laughing children are a real winner today, everyone seems to have listed them. Well, kids are a great source of joy and amusement. :D