Friday, April 12, 2013

A to Z Challenge: Kindness

When it comes to being happy, few things give one such a boost as being kind to other people.

I'm not just talking about charity deeds and so on. Sometimes, just smiling at a cashier and having a friendly chat with them is enough. Or smiling at people who pass you on the street.

You see, if you're a bit friendlier to the world, the world becomes a lot friendlier to you. And the fact is that God will bless you with joy if you bless others. (Or, if you don't believe in God, think karma. ;-))

If you feel a compunction to help someone, never miss that chance. Even if no one else seems to notice, you're making a difference in someone else's life. And the rewards for that are endless.

For one thing, you might learn how to deal with your own circumstances. Or you might be offered help in return.

Anything can happen. Which is why you shouldn't necessarily count on how and when you'll be repaid. It'll happen how and when you least expect it.

Prayer


Lord, 

I know that life is more than just me me me. I know there are many people who need a gentle touch or just someone who'll give them a bit of brightness in their lives. 

Please help me to see opportunities for kindness, Lord. Let me see who needs it and how I'm supposed to give it to them. 

And please bless my attempts to that I can use my life towards Your glory. 

I ask this in Jesus's name. 

Amen.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

So very true. I try, every day, to do or say something nice to someone. Done this so long it's become a habit I hope I never break. I learned it from my mother.

Unknown said...

To me, kindness is one of the most important traits you can instill in children. Being kind shows up by being respectful and tolerant. Kindness in words and attitude leads to compassion and generosity of character.

Rob-bear said...

This is the second post I've read on Kindness today on the blog hop. I always hope that I, and others, can adopt a habit of kindness. People in our world would be a lot better if we could "try a little kindness."

Blessings and Bear hugs!
Bears Noting

Unknown said...

3rd post on kindness today. This is lovely and gentle. The prayer is one that I should also pray for myself - every day! So glad you visited me. This has truly been a blessing.

Mike Keyton said...

Kindness is one of those under-rated virtues - and sometimes harder than it sounds.