Friday, June 27, 2014

How I'm Doing on My 2014 Goals

Hey all! So sorry for my absence. I've been having a rough couple of weeks. I don't really want to go into things too much because complaining really sucks. But let's just say that life is putting me through the wringer and it's making it really hard to concentrate on finding things to blog about.

That said, today is the last Friday before the end of June, so I thought I'd do a post on how I've been doing on my goals lately. The colored sentences are my comments.

READING:

Read 75 books.
Behind on this, mainly because of the bad start I had to the year. 

Read more William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and other classics.
Will get to this as soon as I've finished Les Miserables. I'm three quarters of the way through, but it's taking long because I'm reading bit by bit. 

WRITING:

Research relevant time periods and facts for various works in progress.
Haven't started on any works needing research. And once again, for everything I say that's behind, it's because of the first four months not being productive. 

Finish:

Drafts:

The Countess
Haven't started. 
The Wedding
Haven't started.
Daniel
Haven't started.
War of Six Crowns 4
Postponed until completion of Wo6C3 rewrite.
Optional: One other on my to-do list
Working on a non-fiction book about writing just to give me something to work on if the fiction doesn't feel like coming out.

Rewrites:

Gray
Rough Draft.
Opsies and Lysties
Rough Draft
Twisted
Rough Draft
Robin
Rough Draft.
Optional: One other on my To-Do List.
This will probably be one of the three books listed in Edits because I still need to rewrite them all. 

Edits:

Eden’s Son
Postponed due to rough draft not being suitable for rewrites. 
Bound
Rewrite not started.
Otto
Rewrite not started.

Query/Submit:

Will be self publishing all of my books for the foreseeable future, but will update on each book's status: 

War of Six Crowns 3
Book being drafted again due to not being suitable for editing.
Birds vs Bastards
In process of being prepped for publishing before the end of the year. 
Any two of the “Edits” projects.
Scrapped.

Publish:

War of Six Crowns: The Heir’s Choice
Being prepped for publishing in October.

BLOGGING:

Make a point of visiting every follower and commenter on both main blogs.
Working on this, but probably will put this on the back burner.
Weekly posts on my War of Six Crowns Blog.
Not yet, since life in general is keeping me from regularly posting on any of my blogs.

LIFE:

Weigh 65kg by end March.
Nope.
Maintain weight for the rest of the year.
Obsolete, since my new diet means I can't really pick up weight for as long as I stay on it.
Fence.
Nope.
Do yoga.
Nope.
Do more exercise in general.
Trying to walk more and play tennis, although the rainy winter here puts a damper on those plans.
Eat healthily. I.E. The minimum refined carbs.
This I am doing. Since I'm eating NO refined carbs.
Do other arts. E.G. Paint. Needlepointing.
Doing needlepointing and crocheting at the moment. Want to paint, but the light's bad this time of the year.
Get involved with people with similar interests to me.
Got involved with a group in my church, so at least we have our faith in common. 
Get back to singing regularly.
Nope. And this is probably the one frustrating me the most. 

So yeah... Even optimistically, I'm not ever going to catch up on most of these things. And I'm not going to push myself to. But what I will do is check up on myself at the end of the year to see exactly how far I managed to get with everything. 

How are your goals going?



4 comments:

Connie Keller said...

I'm so sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks. I hope things start looking up. Please don't be discouraged by not reaching the goals you set. You've gotten an amazing amount of stuff done, especially given everything that's gone on this year.

Unknown said...

I can pick out several accomplishments. And I didn't know you sang?! That's so cool. I'll have to definitely meet you in person someday and do a karaoke night. :D
I've been wanting to add some classics to my reading list, but to be honest I've been doing enough reading for my English minor. I tried reading Les Miserables years ago, and I stopped at such a good place! I'm an idiot. But there's this TV show coming out next year (a Spanish telenovela) and it's loosely based off the book, so it's SO a 2015 reading goal.

Go Misha! Embrace every completed goal and don't beat yourself up over what you haven't hit yet. YET. You can do it.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Wow! You're goals are huge, but you have taken some big steps towards them! Yes, you haven't hit them, but that's ok. You're doing great!

I wish I had done more of a review/rundown of all my goals this month, but well, this month has just been crazy enough that I didn't think I could figure it out when I wrote the post.

Stephanie Faris said...

Whoa...75 books in one year is a LOT! Sounds like you've set some big goals but you're doing well.